Saturday, April 11, 2009

Keys


I was going to post about how we spent Thursday night and all day Friday (and I'm not joking) at Busch Gardens, and had a fabulous time. Then I was going to write about how we had a little easter egg hunt of our own with friends since we completely missed the one at church, and how we hung out and played at our friends house most of the day. Then upon our arrival at home I realized that my house key was no longer on my key ring. My key ring opened like it occasionally has, (it came loose, it's hard to explain) and it was in the car. So I'm searching frantically all over the front seat of the car and it's NOT THERE!
And the worst part, I have no spare key, and it's a Saturday at 5p.m. and no one is at the rental agency. So what do I do? Well, I wasn't going to bug anyone, but I did make a phone call to my friend Jenn, and I thought I might be able to possibly break into my house. Thankfully Jonas decided we needed "reenforcements" (as he called them) he went and got his friends and the neighbor sent her husband over to help and we "broke into" my house! Whew! What an adventure. So on Monday if the rental agency doesn't have a key I will be buying a new doorknob!

5 comments:

heidigoseek said...

ugh...that stinks!! at least you had a ton of fun at Busch Gardens. i think we'll be joining you there soon:)

Anna said...

Oh man - I've done that before and it's so scary! Make copies for all your friends when you get your replacemnt. Happy Easter!

jaesi said...

sounds like the best easter ever....locked out with 4 tired kids in tow. fun :)
I need one last trip to Busch Gardens....bad.

The Barton Family said...

Glad I am not the only one who does that kind of stuff! I always use the garage- never a key and yet I still have no idea where all our house keys are!!

Brooke said...

Busch Gardens two days in a row? You guys know how to have fun!

Did the management company have extra keys?

Our crazy adventures... with 4 great kids...