Friday, March 27, 2009

The amazing adventures of a military spouse...

What have we been up to this week? We took off last Saturday for a 6 hour and 23 minute car ride to Columbia, SC to see Josh. He only got 24 hours of liberty. And my sanity was questioned: "you drove 6 hours to see your husband for just one day?" my response.."I guess I really do love that man!" I do, and knowing that he will be gone for 8 months to a place very far away, of course I will drive 6 hours to see him! So we spent time swimming in the indoor pool at the hotel, played at a park in the area, walked around some of downtown and saw some historic landmarks, and we also went bowling.
We got home late Sunday night. The rest of my week has been spent going to the YMCA to work out, taking Eliza to the mall play area, going to El Azteca with the girls, and just trying to make it through this week!
We are going to see Josh again this weekend. We leave in the morning. Hopefully everyone will be feeling well. Josh has been sick this week, and Maddie wasn't feeling well last night and stayed home from school! It will be the last time we see him for 8 months, so we are definately making the trip. It makes me sad, but I'll be glad to see him one last time.

5 comments:

Shumaker said...

Have fun. I am jealous. But you so deserve it. Drive carefully.

Janice said...

Be safe on your trip. I hope the sicks go away long enough for you guys to enjoy the last little bit with Josh. We'll see you bright and early Tuesday.

heidigoseek said...

worth it, indeed...
make it a (really) good visit ;););)

Anna said...

You are a good wife! :) Hope the visit goes well and you guys can sneak in a little alone time...

Shawn and Mish said...

Good girl. I'd have done the same thing. My in laws live in columbia and I am headed down monday. Love it love it love it! See you soon!

Our crazy adventures... with 4 great kids...