Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Gray Day

This is the view outside my house today. I don't recall it raining like this when we lived here 5 years ago... I think it rained while we went back to Indiana over Christmas, and maybe it sprinkled once, but that was it. It has been cold and yucky today. This is what it looked like on Monday. When it gets like this, it makes me want to stay home and not go anywhere. Unfortunately I had to take my kids to school on Monday and got lucky today that I was swapping with a friend doing babysitting, and she took Jonas and Maddie to school for me. There is one downside to the kids school, for some strange reason they think that since they have a 3 week vacation, that they should be doing homework. Notice the date is Christmas day... yeah... I don't think so!
We got the homework packets this week, and Jonas will mostly finish his except for a few sentences this week. And Thanksfully he didn't get regular homework for the week. But Maddie got way more than Jonas did, she not only has homework every day, she also has the packet. I'm definately not happy with the school about this... who gives kids homework over Christmas?? I guess just our kids school! GRRR!
That's definately one way to kill my Christmas spirit... but here's a funny picture from the other day of Eliza. Enjoy!

4 comments:

heidigoseek said...

um, dear...you DO live in California:)
home of the fruits and the nuts and the flakes. gotta love it!

Janice said...

Uggh! About the homework over Christmas break. Too cute about Eliza's picture. I love things like that! I think I have to side with Heidi though, if article 8 had to come up for vote, maybe not too many people there care about Christmas. They need to have a taste of the east coast, (or at least the middle of the U.S.) to really get the spirit going maybe. Thanks for the card! Love the picture!

The Barton Family said...

I would be mad too! We haven't had homework all week! I have enjoyed it.

jeNnA said...

Wow that seems like a long Christmas break! Homework on Christmas! LOL Too funny! Who are they kidding!?!??

Our crazy adventures... with 4 great kids...