Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Programs... and threatening to call off Santa....

My kids both had their Christmas programs on Thursday. The school is so big that they have to do the different program in shifts so everyone can fit in the mulitpurpose room. (which if they had P.E. we would call the gym, they call it the multipurpose room, I guess cause it has carpet. They also eat in there when it rains, or at least some of them do, the others eat in their classrooms!)
Jonas' class did all I want for Christmas is my two front teeth, and they were very cute, they had his class combined with another 1st grade class.
Maddie's class Rudolph the Red Nose ReindeerMaddie's class has been practicing singing their song and dance now for a few weeks. They did a great job.
So yesterday didn't start off so well for me. I am getting up to head downstairs when Josh informs me that Jonas decided to cut his pajamas. He said he talked to him about it. So I figured okay. Well when I saw Jonas he hadn't just cut his pj's he also cut a chunk out of the front of his hair. This made me grateful he is a boy, so we could just shave his head, but alsoo made me mad. He is old enough to know better. So we talked some more, then we were hurrying to get ready as my friend offered to cut his hair before school. Then all at once, Waytt had a blow out poopy diaper (he was already dressed for the dat at that point too!), Maddie can't find her present for her gift exchange at school, Jonas unwrapped a present that was ripped in the front so he thought it was fair game I guess. All I could say to them at this point was... "guys, you've got to be kidding me!" I literally felt like I was losing my mind, and having a bad dream. Unfortunately it was real! But we made it to my friends, got Jonas' hair cut, which he also got grounded for, and I threatend that Santa wouldn't be coming for him if he kept it up. Josh actually said we should have him give the toy away to a worthy cause, which we might still do to teach him a lesson. But it wasn't from us, it was from grandma.
It was a better afternoon for me, Maddie's teacher explained that their homework packet was practice, so if they got it done great, if not it was really just practice. And my thought was ROCK ON!! So I was a happier person about her class yesterday, and Jonas did his this week so he's pretty much done! So the kids don't go back to school until Jan.12th. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Anna said...

Jan 12th! Yikes! I feel your pain.... :)

jeNnA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jeNnA said...

So Fun! Love Rudolph there... She is too cute. '
Jonas- Heehe! We had a recent bad haircut although it wasn't Jack's own fault though!

Janice said...

Gotta love those last few days before Christmas day! It can be tough! Good luck until Jan 12th! I would have LOVED that long of a break when I was in school! At least you have good weather you can make use of!

Our crazy adventures... with 4 great kids...