Friday, December 26, 2008

Post Christmas

We had a fabulous Christmas. I love going to visit family and friends, but I have to say it was so nice to just stay at home. On Christmas Eve we had dinner, then opened one present from under the tree, read about and tried to get the kids to act out the Birth of Jesus, and then read The Night Before Christmas. The kids were actually excited to go to bed. (gotta love that, and obviously my red eye on my camera wasn't working! lol!) It did take awhile for them to fall asleep since they were so excited, but they did. I didn't take any pictures yesterday sorry, they were too busy opening presents to pose. Jonas got a Nintendo DS from Santa, Maddie got an MP3 player from Santa, and Eliza got a play kitchen which had 22 steps to put it together! (thank you Santa for putting that together!) I was also surpised when I came downstairs to see that Santa brought me a new KING size bed, the exact one I wanted from IKEA too! Which also went perfectly with the two nightstands I bought Josh from Christmas from IKEA that match the bed! Wyatt wasn't too excited about the 6a.m. wake up call, when presents were done he immediately went back to sleep for a few hours! But he has enjoyed playing with all the new toys that he got and the ones his brothers and sisters got too!
We had the missionaries over for a Christmas dinner, and I made a turkey for the first time ever, and it turned out great! So it looks like we'll be eating a lot of left over turkey for awhile!

5 comments:

Your favorite sister said...

It looks like Connor and Jonas got some similar gifts. He got that same football and water bottle, plus a DS. How funny! How fun to get a king size bed! Oh how we miss Ikea...

We are finding out what we are having but I am not that far a long. I am guessing around march. I have an ultra sound on the 9th just to check the heart beat and to measure.

jeNnA said...

Yea! Merry Christmas to everyone!
Looks like they are having so much fun.

heidigoseek said...

i love maddie's expression in that picture! looks like you had a great christmas. i'm with you on the pics of the kids opening presents. i never seem to get a good one anyway. they always look at the gift and not the camera!
miss you:)

Mary said...

I love the excited looks on your kids' faces. I'm glad everyone stayed on the nice list. I looks like a very happy Christmas for all.

Janice said...

Wow, you must have been REALLY good this year to move up TWO bed sizes!! Speaking of that wonderful place, we got the chance to go into an IKEA store for the first time on Saturday. Pretty fun. I just had to walk out with a few inexpensive things... What fun! I'm glad to see Santa decided to come visit your children too.

Our crazy adventures... with 4 great kids...