Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Raking Leaves





There must be something in the air that makes kids want to get out and rake the leaves. I was reading my sister-in-law's blog and she said her son Jeffrey wanted to rake the leaves, and got his Dad out there to help him. Since I'm the sole parent in charge, that left leaf raking up to me. So we did, and after awhile I realized even though we have a tiny yard, we have a ton of leaves! So I took up an offer for help with yard work from our friend Ethan. (who also mowed the yard when I was prego with Eliza when Josh was gone, so give him a call if you need your lawn mowed!lol, just kidding!) We got the leaves raked, and it looked great for about a day, and now it looks exactly the same as it did. And we had literally 12 bags full of leaves! Jonas had a good time though as you can see from the picture. Maddie isn't big into yard work, she mostly supervised from the side (aka played in the leaves we raked, and just played around). Eliza well, she just thought it was great fun to go up and down the front and back stairs on the house, which I enjoyed (said with sarcasm) getting her down! I have more pictures to post, we went to a craft bazaar on Saturday and the kids saw Santa! Jonas has informed me he only wants Age of Empires 3 (which Santa is Definately bringing him!), but nothing else... so I guess that means I can return everything else I got him. lol! Maddie said she wanted Little Mermaid stuff. It's funny when we're at home, every commercial is "I want that" but when they see Santa they get shy, it's so funny! Saturday night we went to the annual parade in downtown Norfolk, where they turn on all the lights that decorate the buildings for the Holidays (it's kind of cool), and they have Santa at the very end of the parade. It was fun, and a very busy day! I will post those pictures later!

2 comments:

Gina said...

You make a lot of great memories with your kids. All the things you do together sounds like so much fun! I want their childhood!!! Though my mom was pretty fun... you take the cake!

You didn't link to your sister in law's blog... way to leave a fellow blogger hanging!

jeNnA said...

Sounds like a fun busy day though! Those are some cutie patootie pics of Jonas!

Our crazy adventures... with 4 great kids...