Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The Party and Cake






Because Josh is gone, I got the idea from my friend Marie (thanks Marie) who when her husband was gone when her youngest, Ivan turned One, she had a little party with friends to help her celebrate. So, that's exactly what I decided to do. I had several friends come over with their kids. We had a fun time. They brought presents, which was nice, but I really didn't expect it, so Eliza got a lot of fun stuff. It was a fun time, and good for me to not think about how Josh was gone, although I did think about him a lot. I had Eliza's pictures taken at the picture people yesterday, she is just too cute! Let me know if you want to see them and I will e-mail you the link to check it out! I e-mailed it to almost everyone I thought would want to see, but I could've left someone out unintentionally! My friend Jenn made Eliza a sweet little Bear cake, and then cupcakes for everyone else! (Thanks Jenn) It was so great to have that part of the party taken care of as I ended up being really busy yesterday! Eliza is our winner of the messiest 1st birthday cake eater. As you can see from the pictures! You'll see her before and after!

4 comments:

Gina said...

What a great celebration! Adorable cake! How did she do that?

Email me the pp photos... ihartpartly@hotmail.com

Love you! Wanna squeeze that Eliza!

Anonymous said...

I just noticed the specific placing of the candle on that bear... LOL!

jeNnA said...

tooo cute! love the bear cake!

Anonymous said...

Too cute! She looks so much like Jonas on his first year dirty face photo!
Love
Grandma Merkley

Our crazy adventures... with 4 great kids...