Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th of July



Just a quick post. Yesterday was insanely busy for us! We went to Watercountry USA for the first time! We had a lot of fun, but are glad we bought a pass so we can return anytime we want. It was SOOO BUSY! Can you believe I forgot to take my camera in! Oh well! Maddie especially loved the waterslide in Cowabunga, Jonas thought it was okay. I think he got a little scared. He did really enjoy playing in the water an on the boat in Cowabunga. Then that evening we drove up an exit (really it's only an exit away!) to Busch Gardens and the kids did some rides, and then we saw the fireworks... they were AMAZING! They had them timed to music, which to me is very cool. As I watch the fireworks as they lit up the sky it reminded me how blessed we are as a country that we get to enjoy the freedoms we do, what our ancestors went through for us so we could watch fireworks, and eat grilled hot dogs. I'm forever grateful, and of course having a husband in the military helps this. Here is one of my favorite pictures of him receiving his first salute as an officer. Maybe not a big deal to some, but to me, it was neat. And a picture from the WW II memorial in DC that we went to last month! Happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Our crazy adventures... with 4 great kids...