Saturday, May 27, 2006

Out on the town...

Yesterday was jam packed!We got up (after I slept in a little bit longer than I should've and Josh took care of the kids for me) and I got lunches made. We left at 10a.m. for the park, when we should've already been there (oops!), but got there quickly since it's so close to our house. It was the end of the year party for Jonas and Maddie's preschool. It's hard to believe the school year is over! It went by so fast! I remember how worried I was to put Maddie in the 2 year old class. I think for both of us it was a good thing. Especially since I knew she would need something when Eliza was born. And I knew Eliza would need my attention. It all worked out. The teachers for both kids classes gave us pictures of our kids they had taken throughout the year, and in Jonas's class they did little pictures with their hands and poems that go with it. It's super cute! While we were at the park, my friend Marie (her kids go to the preschool too with us) asked if we wanted to go to the beach after she picked up her oldest from school, so I said sure sounded fun. Well I should've waited to tell the kids, they were ready to go as soon as we got home. It was 2 hours of anticipation, that by the time we got there, Maddie didn't want to be there at all since she was tired. Jonas had a lot of fun. We were only there a short time, and had to pick up Josh from work, and there was a thunderstorm rolling in. So we picked him up, went home and got cleaned up. We decided to take the kids out to eat at this place called Formosa's which is a Chinese Buffet, that also has Mongolian Barbeque. It's really good, and we like it a lot. Then we took the kids to see the movie "Over the Hedge". It was a good movie. My only complaint is Maddie wanted a drink, and so I had to go stand in line for about 15 minutes (literally, it was forever!) with her and Eliza. It was a lot of fun. The kids actually wanted to watch another movie when we got home, but being the mean mom that I am I made them go to bed. (It was 9p.m. and their bed time is 8p.m. usually) It was a lot of fun, and the kids had a good time I think.
Our plan of action for today: go to the zoo, and the kids have requested to play in the fountains and get soaked! (one of the reasons I knew we needed a membership!)
o when Eliza gets up from her nap, we will drive to the zoo which is 5 minutes away. I will post some pictures later!

2 comments:

Gina said...

I really don't know how you pull a day like this off with three kids! Applause for you! I am glad you had fun. I would of been grumpy grumpy!

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

Our crazy adventures... with 4 great kids...