Sunday, June 14, 2009

We'll always have Norfolk...

If you've ever seen the movie Casablanca, they have a line in there that says, "We'll always have Paris." And here I think for anyone that has lived here in Norfolk our line should be, "we'll always have Norfolk."
Living here there always (it seems like) people coming and going. (kind of like us leaving and then returning!)
And today we had a goodbye party for some friends, the Vaughans (sorry no kids they were busy playing!),

but we also said goodbye to some others the Crandall's and the Rossi's. We of course got a shot with most of the girls there, although some people had left already.



And of course I had to get a shot with Jenna and myself. Which this is now being known as my "signature" shot I must add!


It's always nice to get together, but it's sad to say goodbye to people you've shared lots of laughs with. I'm so thankful for e-mail and blogs that keep us at least somewhat connected even though we're miles apart. I'm getting a bit sentimental, so I'll just add... We'll always have Norfolk and all the fun times we've shared.

8 comments:

jaesi said...

Now those are some great beautiful girlies!!! of whom I miss and have yet to find anyone to compare!

Your favorite sister said...

Oh that makes me sad! Jenna was the first one to introduce herself to me when we moved in! Norfolk is a hard place to leave, no where else is quite the same!

Today is 2 years exactly that we have been on Guam...

Janice said...

It looks like you guys had fun...sorry I wasn't able to be there!!

heidigoseek said...

i see you opting out of the leg pop in that pic:)
that was a fun evening. too bad it had to be a goodbye to amazing friends.

Shumaker said...

I am so sad I was not there to say good bye to so many great families. But I will be back in 3 plus weeks.

Jenna said...

We will always love and have Norfolk...we are all so blessed to have the experience of living here! For those who are more permament...you, are why people come back and learn to love it so much! Love the head shot, Deborah, now I know ya love me for sure!

Gina said...

Saying goodbye to friends like that is so heartbreaking. You never know, they may move back like you did!

Nat said...

Deborah, I know Andy!! We went to High School together in Redlands, CA. Wow what a small world. Got to love the small circle of friends from the Military and Church meeting in different parts of the country. Please tell Andy Hello from Natalie Ostler Pederson!

Our crazy adventures... with 4 great kids...