Friday, May 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Maddie Mae!

On this day 6 years ago at 8:38a.m., my beautiful little girl Maddie was born.

It's so amazing that 6 years have flown by! We decided not to find out when I was pregnant with her if she were a boy or girl. I wanted to be surprised. I was SO SURE that I was having another boy! So, when she came out, I will always remember Josh saying: "It's a Girl!" And according to him I looked very shocked, but I think the shock went away very fast when I thought of all the cute little dresses I'd be able to put her in! (ha ha)





I have to say I'm pretty lucky to have such a fantastic daughter. Maddie is so smart, funny,sweet,thoughtful, and caring of others. She has always been like a little mother to Eliza and Wyatt.


She's also very creative and I love seeing what she will come up with in her drawings and what she'll write next. I look forward to seeing her continue to grow and blossom. We were lucky my parents were able to come and celebrate, so we celebrated a day early and had cake (although it didn't turn out quite how we planned) we blew out the candles and opened up presents!


Today it was Maddie's turn for their "snack" so we brought in glazed Krispy Kreme doughnuts!
Tonight we're doing it low key by going to see the movie "Up" and going to dinner somewhere (we haven't decided where yet!).

7 comments:

Amy said...

The black and white picture is adorable. I love her glasses.
Happy Birthday!

jaesi said...

Oh she is a doll! And that cake looks scrumptious!!!!

Shumaker said...

I hope you guys had a good time out for her birthday. Let me know how Up was. the kids want to go.

jeNnA said...

Happy Birthday Maddie Mae!

The Dad said...

Happy Birhtday Maddie.

heidigoseek said...

happy birthday maddie mae from your friend gracie may:)

Gina said...

She is such a beautiful girly! Great photos and darling post!

Liam loved UP. How did your kids like it?

Our crazy adventures... with 4 great kids...