Monday, February 02, 2009

The Birthday Party Pics and a little side project

Here they are... Wyatt had a good time with his cake as you can see, and so did everyone else. It was crazy having 11 kids (and just from 3 families too!) at our house! They all had a good time helping Wyatt with the little cars we got him and the other gifts he was brought too. He got a ball, some bubbles, and this cool rattle that can be annoying after awhile I must admit.
On another note this weekend we decided to get the kids all their own dressers at Ikea. We will put them together when we get to Norfolk.
Maddie and Eliza have been sharing, and it's definately not working. They have way too many clothes. So we're going to get rid of 2 dressers, but the one dresser Wyatt has had for his clothes I thought I could still use for me, since I need a dresser! It has really needed a new paint job.We bought it used on Craigs list in Virginia, and I just never got around to painting it. Whicn as you can see it obviously needed!
I finally decided to paint it today, and use the knobs I had bought at Target for Maddie and Eliza's dresser but never put them on. I think it turned out great! It's amazing what a new coat of paint can do! Here's the after photo:

3 comments:

Janice said...

Looks great Deborah!! I have a few projects I need to get done too. Maybe I'll get around to it - if I do... i will post pictures.

Jenna said...

Love the dresser, I love deciding something just has to get done and the joy of completing it in a realistic time frame, doesn't happen a ton. Wyatt is sooo cute and I just cannot believe it's been a year!

heidigoseek said...

that dresser is gonna look so good in your new house:)

Our crazy adventures... with 4 great kids...