Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Surprising my Norfolk Girls!

If you're wondering why its been a week since I blogged, it's not for lack of things happening around here! I have actually been forcing myself not to write about my big surprise until after it happend. About two weeks ago, I was chatting with my good pal Nicole about the Twilight premiere, and she and I had been talking about when I'd be able to go out to Norfolk for a visit. She convinced me (didn't take much really) to try and find a way out to Norfolk for the premiere and we'd surprise our other pals Jenn and Heidi. It was tough to keep it to ourselves, and before even getting the ticket working out the arrangements with the kids and Josh and my friend Amy. So for less than a week, we plotted and schemed. On Wednesday Morning Wyatt and I flew out and arrived in Norfolk at 8:30p.m. Wyatt was great on the planes, both there and back. I was amazed! Here he is waiting for our luggage in Norfolk
So we surprised Jenn the night we arrived, and she hadn't fully yet recovered from Sleep from her recent trip in Utah, but I think she forgives me for not letting her catch up on sleep! We kept her up till midnight (eastern time). Nicole kept me on a busy schedule. We went to a card exchange Thursday morning, where we surprised Heidi, her response on seeing me was to hang up the phone with Brooke by saying, "Holy Cow, Deborah's here I gotta go." It was funny. We had lunch at El Azteca (our favorite place to go!), then we got pedicures (which I REALLY needed), (this is Nicole's son Gabe, he was playing peekaboo with Wyatt who was sitting on my lap. We then went back to Nicole's and rested for a bit before the Twilight movie. I was a bit disappointed in the movie, but then again when is a movie better than the book?? I've since started rereading the book! Here's some pictures of our group that went and me and Jenn.


Friday was spent in recovering from the midnight showing! (we got home at 3a.m.) We went to lunch with Anna and Jenn, then Friday night



we had Karoke night and Dance Dance Revolution at Nicole's house with Anna, Jenn O. Jenn S., Janice, Stephanie, Heidi, Brooke, Nicole and me. We were up late again then too!
Saturday we went to a baby shower, then Saturday afternoon Jenn and I went to AC Moore, since we don't have one in San Diego. Then we spent a quiet evening at Nicole's making some Christmas cards. Sunday went by too fast, we went to church and then Wyatt and I had to go.
Wyatt had a lot of fun playing with Gabe, they definately played more than I thought at their age, it was more following each other around, but it was cute. They are about 3 weeks a part. It was a fun weekend, even though it was a quick trip, we packed in a ton of stuff. Today though I'm definately feeling the effects of staying up late, or I should say being in a different time zone. Thanks girls for a fabulous weekend! Josh says I can go again, when he's able to take leave which is soon! So Nicole have your spare room ready!!

7 comments:

jaesi said...

Thats the way to live... spur of the moment trips!
It was great to see you! And handsome Wyatt of course.

Your favorite sister said...

Can't not even begin to tell you how jealous I am. Unfortunately a flight from here is $1500, and lets not even mention time zones!

Anonymous said...

I had SO much fun seeing you and Wyatt! Hopefully you can make the trip back soon...

Oh - and thanks Josh for being such a great guy! :)

P.S. Would you e-mail me some of those baby pics from Saturday night - pretty please?

LeAnn said...

Wow, you really did pack a lot into one quick trip. It was so fun seeing you again!

heidigoseek said...

it was fun to have you back if only for a short while:)
maybe we can get you back for the HP movie??

The Barton Family said...

I'm so jealous!! Glad you had fun.

Anna said...

BTW - why do I look so miserable?? I swear I was having fun! :)

Our crazy adventures... with 4 great kids...