Monday, October 13, 2008

Adventures in Nursery

So I got a new calling in my ward as the Nursery Leader. To be honest, I really wasn't that excited about it. Yes there are snacks, and all of that, but I get to be home all week with the kids, and hoped to have a calling with adults. But that's not how it ended up. So when I went in my first Sunday which was a couple of weeks ago, it was fun, and I think I'm going to enjoy this calling. It's a small nursery, only 6 kids, 4 girls, 2 boys. Two of the girls are fraternal twins. And one girl is only there some of the time.
Yesterday wasn't as fun, we had some issues with a little girl who doesn't always come, but was there and was being a bully. Then my friends little boy Christopher (not in the picture below) wasn't feeling good so we took him to his Mom.
I took their pictures yesterday which I plan to make with their names on our bulletin board.
Here's a picture of almost everyone at snack time.

We also did bubbles at the end, which they were mostly all excited about. (mostly being the one little girl that doesn't usually come was mad because we wouldn't let her blow the bubbles, so cried and cried about it, I guess she's not used to not getting her way.) The other kids had fun and we did too. We'll have to get a bubble blower I think for next time! =)

4 comments:

Heather said...

Oh the joys of Nursery. I can't wait to send Ella in just 2 short months! Glad you found our blog. . .we miss you guys!

Brooke said...

what a difference from the Norfolk ward zoo...err, I mean nursery!

heidigoseek said...

Are you working with the new manual yet? I think it would be fun to be the leader for a small nursery:)

Anonymous said...

I think you have some fun activities you will do a good job. I noticed the shoes off already from Eliza!!
Love,
Mom

Our crazy adventures... with 4 great kids...