Wednesday, July 23, 2008

adventures...

Yesterday we went to the coolest kids dentist I've ever been to, and they are called Super Dentists, there is an orthodontist office (the male superhero) and the pediatric dentist (female superhero) you can check out their site (for some reason the link didn't work so here's the address)
www.thesuperdentists.com
Jonas and Maddie both needed their teeth cleaned and a friend of mine told me this is where she takes her kids, and they love it. I wondered how much a kid could really "love" the dentist, and after going I see why. One side was decorated like a space ship port hub, imagine Toy Story and the Rocket Pizza Palace place, that's kind of what it's like, that's the orthodontic side then the other side is like a forest with trees and that's the pediatric dentist, and that's because the female dentists character is like a fairy super hero. Anyway, the staff was super nice, and the kids had a good time, although Jonas had some cavities between his teeth. I'll be the first to admit it's my fault for letting our flossing slip. So anyway they gave us a bit of a discount for coming in today to get them filled, and Jonas did great! He just complained about starving because he wasn't allowed to eat before the visit.
I meant to take pictures of their office but forgot about it! I will definately have to post some next time we go.
So my girls lately have taken to putting up their "tent" and putting their little green Ikea table inside and covering the tops with blankets. (thanks Aunt Marilyn for the tent, it's still played with even 3 years later or however long its been since you gave this to us!)

Then Jonas comes through and will push them over just to make the girls mad, which works, because Maddie instantly screams at the top of her lungs (which it echos in the room with high ceilings, I think she does it because of that) and say Jonas is tearing down their "Club House".
So every night we put it all away, and every morning it comes back out. Another favorite of course is playing dress up. We have MANY dress up outfits, and the girls especially love to take off all their clothes and dress up.

Don't you love Eliza as a cheerleader!
So we had not had our pick up yet of the toys last night and EVERYTHING was out and our neighbor that lives next door comes over to see if we had seen their kitten in our yard, so I let them in to see if they call it in our backyard that he'd come, he didn't. It's funny how you can have the house picked up, and then the one time you don't is when you get company... it's the story of my life! lol!

1 comment:

heidigoseek said...

I so need to take my children to the dentist. I think I'll call today. We don't have a Super Dentist, but I think our regular one will do:) Glad to see you're settling in.

Our crazy adventures... with 4 great kids...