Monday, May 14, 2007

Mothers Day weekend!






We had a fun weekend! Friday night we had a get to know you activity at church, and we were paired up with another couple and sent on a scavenger hunt around Norfolk to find different things and take our picture "as a group" (they really stressed this!) in front of everything. I realized though we've lived here in Norfolk for 3 years, there were still things I hadn't seen. It was fun to run all over town (while our kids were doing their own activity at church! woo hoo for free babysitting!) and we had lots of fun with our friends Joe and Holly! I will post those pics when I get them since we let them use their camera, we did get one picture of us in front of the USS Wisconsin (I have been there). Saturday was Jonas's friend Ethan's birthday party. (my friend Marie's son) We went to the park, the kids played had cake and icecream, and watched him open up his presents, it was fun. Josh took the kids to get me a mothers day present, which they gave me Sunday morning Chocolate covered peaunut butter filled pretzels (very yummy!), and a nice candle. The kids made stuff at school which they gave me, Jonas decorated a flower pot with butterflies made of his thumb prints (so cute!), although the flower already looks like it's dying, I gave it too much water I think. Then Maddie made me this big cement stone that has her picture on it and lots of pretty color stones. The primary had the kids put their handprints on a potholder with a cute little poem with their picture on it. I was thouroughly spoiled, and Josh cooked breakfast, lunch and dinner, it was great! All in all a great weekend! I felt very loved, and the kids were so cute they kept telling me Happy Mothers Day!

No comments:

Our crazy adventures... with 4 great kids...