Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Is it really the end of February already!?

Wow! This month is sailing by! Jonas turned 5 on February 15th! I can't believe he's 5! It's amazing how fast 5 years have gone by! I can't imagine my life without him! He's so sweet, funny, and handful at times, but I love him all the same! It has been an amazing experience to raise a boy. We celebrated by going out to dinner and he got presents and cake at home. We also had cupcakes at school so it was a sugar coated day!
We left on February 16th and headed to Florida to visit Josh's parents in Milton, FL. We had a fun time while we were there. We celebrated Jonas' birthday with the family, and he got more presents! We got to see Josh's Dad's Corvette
which he and Grandpa Hensley (our kids Great Grandpa, or Josh's grandpa) painted and put the blue flames on. (don't know if you can tell from the pictures) Josh stayed busy helping add on to the front of the house. They always seem to have some building or car project in the works! lol! Josh hasn't been down to his parents house in over 2 years because they've been up to see us more lately. So it was nice to go down there for a change. We also got the kids pictures taken, because we tried to take pictures of them ourselves by the lake near their house, and it wasn't happening.
Maddie and her cousin Jessalyn, had a great time playing and so did Jonas with his cousin Jeffery Jr. We also got to meet Jackson, the kids newest cousin, and he's such a cutie pie!
We then headed up to Enterprise, Alabama, to Ft. Rucker, to see Jon and Jenny. Jon is in the Army and had his winging. We had a nice dinner on Wednesday evening, and then Thursday was his winging, and he asked Josh to pin his wings on. It was really neat. Josh and Jon both fly the Blackhawk, but for different branches of the military. Jon and Jenny will be moving up to Kentucky where they will be at Ft.Campbell.
Then I got to go with Josh's sister Jenna and his Mom (Nori) to the Timeout for women in Orlando, Fl. I even got my picture taken with Sheri Dew! lol! I know she thought I was a little strange, but oh well! I really enjoyed the time out for women and am so glad I went. The speakers were wonderful, and it was so awesome! I also got to see my niece and nephew, Nick and Cami Wilson! And I realized I didn't get their picture! We were too busy talking! I'm so glad I got to see them, and just catch up. It's so fun to see them living their lives and Nick is in college now and working! I'm so excited for them, they are in one of the most exciting times of their lives! It was fun just listening to them talk.
We then drove back north and met Josh and the kids at a McDonalds. Then switched cars, bags, car seats. Josh gave back Jeffy and Jessalyn for me. It was a great trip, and now we are getting back into the swing of things. We only have a month until we know if Josh got into the Olmstead program! I will post more pictures when blogger isn't giving me problems loading the rest of my photos!

1 comment:

Toni Merkley said...

Congratulations on all the family happenings! Great to see the photos. I updated my blog but not like you do! You are an inspiration to me! I can't wait to see these cute children!
Love,
Mom

Our crazy adventures... with 4 great kids...