Thursday, August 17, 2006

just the two of us....

As of yesterday afternoon, it's just me and Eliza. Josh took the older two kids camping in the Shanendoah (sp?) mountains, at the National park. They left yesterday afternoon, so its just been me and Eliza. I have a meeting on Saturday I have to be at, and we didn't think Eliza was quite ready for camping. Its funny how when you have your first child it seems very difficult to manage, and then when you have more you get used to it. Now with just Eliza and I, having one child is a piece of cake!
Its been fun to go shopping, and actually get to look at stuff! We spent some time at Barnes and Noble, and were there for about an hour! (that wouldn't happen with three kids for sure!)
I've noticed as we've been alone, she seems to be more talkative and loud! I think she must miss the noise of her siblings! I don't think she knows how to act when she can actually play with anything she wants to her hearts content and not have someone come by and pick it up! Hopefully she won't get too bored with me.
I do miss Jonas and Maddie, don't misunderstand that, but I'm definately enjoying my time with just Eliza, just the two of us. (you can start singing the song now....)

1 comment:

Gina said...

Glad you enjoyed yourself! That is nice to have time alone with each child!

Our crazy adventures... with 4 great kids...