Sunday, June 11, 2006

Time out for women... and more!

Wow, it has been a busy busy week! A lot has happend. Josh's folk, and one of his middle brothers (he has 5 of them, and one sister!) arrived on Monday night, and it seems to have flown by. Josh and his dad, and brother got the hand railing for the attic stairs! YEAH! So we now have something to hold on to as you go up the stairs to the attic, whereas there wasn't anything there before. Then they started building us a new deck in the backyard, it's not done yet, but when it is it will be wonderful!
So here's what we did the rest of the week:
Thursday we left for Washington D.C. and of course the kids just had to go swimming as SOON as we got there, but they had to wait since the pool didn't open until 5p.m. So we went swimming, then got cleaned up and then went to dinner. We then went searching for some cards to play some Canasta (the family game of choice!lol!) and found this Super Dollar store. It had just about EVERYTHING! It was very packed and unorganized, but we found some cards. Had I had more time I would've liked to have looked around some more. Friday we went to breakfast, and then went to the temple. Right after we got finished Josh's other brother Jon and his wife Jenny called because they managed to get a military flight to Andrews Airforce Base and would be there at 3p.m. (we got the message at 2:15p.m.) so we booked over there and picked them up. Rented them a car, then went and ate a late lunch. Then saw some sites in D.C. we saw the WW II memorial, Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Memorial, The Korean Memorial, and then our kids were done. We went back to the hotel and went swimming, had a late dinner and the kids went to bed. The next morning, Josh's mom, Jenny and I went to Time out For Women in Fairfax, VA. It was so aweseome! It was such a wonderful, and uplifting time. The speakers were aweseome, and the music by Hillary Weeks was beautiful! I hope to go to another one again, they have them listed on their website on deseret book
I purchased two books, one of which I already finished. The book Confessions of an Unbalanced Woman by Emily Watts. So good! It's also a quick read (60 pages)!
I also purchased "The Peacgiver" by James L. Ferrell. I thought it looked good, and I had three people tell me (while holding it and looking at it) that it was a good book! I hope they are right!
My sister Marilyn was there so we had lunch with her during our lunch break, and said goodbye, but I'll see her soon I'm sure! I will post pictures later! The kids had a good time, but I'm glad to be home today. Josh's brothers and Jenny are still here with us through this week. It should be fun! So I will have lots of new pictures to post!

No comments:

Our crazy adventures... with 4 great kids...