Sunday, June 04, 2006

Some Maddieisms

Maddie is now 3, and when I say it I don't say it as oh what a great age 3 is, I mean, she's 3 and I am already wishing she were 4. She used to be so easy going. She would tell us when she was tired and go lay down and go to sleep on her own. She was helpful, which for the most part she still is when she wants to be, and then other times it's "I don't want to, YOU do it mommy."
Her new thing when we're in the car if we're listening to a cd of mine or the radio is, "what's this song about mommy?"
She also has been asking me what my name is lately, so I tell her, it's Deborah. So then she proceeds to say it over and over, and she's even been as bold to call me by my first name, but I tell her I'm her mommy so she calls me mommy but other people call me by my name. She also is into asking what letters people's names start with. She knows hers starts with M, and Jonas and Josh are J's and Eliza is E. I'm glad she's intersted so she'll be ready when preschool comes around. I've been writing it out for her and spelling her name so she recognizes it.
I had a huge box with random pictures from high school and college in my opening in my desk, and yesterday Maddie pulled out a picture of when I went to prom my senior year. Maddie asked about it, and asked if it was daddy in the picture, and I said no, that I didn't know Daddy yet, and that I would've loved to have gone to prom with daddy since I didn't have that fun of a night with my date that night. And I don't remember what prompted this, but then Maddie proceeded to tell me, "I don't want to grow up and get big." I told her I know, I wish we didn't have to either! Such wisdom from a 3 year old!

2 comments:

Gina said...

Seriously, she is so smart and insightful! I am so glad you shared! I just want to hug her! I have never heard a child say they didn't want to grow up. It seems all children want to be bigger and older than they are.

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Our crazy adventures... with 4 great kids...