Thursday, May 11, 2006

Thursday- New Friends, funny cards, old friends, etc.

Yesterday for the first time Jonas and Maddie met the neighbor kids that live next door, and across the street. (we live on the corner, so they are the neighbors next to us on the same side of the road, hope that makes sense!) The little boy Josiah is 6years old. The kids had a great time playing with him, and didn't want to come inside. We had all the windows open, and they were outside playing, and I hear Jonas say, "I need to go ask my mom". I was so amazed and feeling good about myself, that he thought he should come and talk to me about what he was doing, which wasn't anything major. He just thought he should come and tell me he met a new friend and was playing with him. It made me smile, I really hadn't thought of him playing with any of the neighbor kids because we're never out at the same time, and we get together with their friends from church a lot, and do stuff. So it was a whole new experience for us! Tonight Jonas saw his friend playing and shouted out the window to him, and immediately wanted to go outside. Maddie followed along, they had a good time, and Josiah's older sister who's 8 was there and she played really well with them, and they decided to get each other wet first with squirt guns, and then with filling up buckets with water from the house and chasing each other. I know when I was 4 I remember my next door neighbor friend Shauna who was a little older than me, and I'm sure Jonas will always remember his neighbor friend too.
Today I got a plant and mothers day card from Jonas, the card read: "I love you. I like when you make noise on my head." Happy Mothers Day! Then instead of his name he drew a little picture! Anyway, the noise on his head is me giving him loud kisses on his cheeks! I thought it was too funny that he said that!
This morning we took my friend Jenn out for breakfast for her birthday (and I was so hungry when I got there, but I couldn't finish the omlett it was HUGE!), and I bought her a little plastic tiara that said "Birthday Girl" on it. Maddie saw it and I told her it was for Miss Jenn for her Birthday, and Maddie said she wanted one for her birthday, and I mentioned her birthday was after Miss Jenn's. So on the way to preschool my other friend Marie took them this morning, and Maddie basically told her all about the tiara, and about a nightgown that was too small, but another that fit fine, and It was funny to hear what she says to other people. Maddie is definately more talkative now to people she knows really well. I think Marie was surprised too! I think Maddie is excited for her party too! We got a Dora Pinata today!
Oh and not to leave Eliza out of the day, she I think has decided the only place to nap is at home. Once we were done running around, she was ready to lay down in her own bed. She fussed every time I put her bottom in her car seat, she arched her back and threw a fit every time. (we did some running around today!) Needless to say it was no fun. She's getting so big, and on Tuesday next week we'll go in for her 6 month appointment! I can't believe she's almost 6 months! WOW

1 comment:

Gina said...

On that last paragraph about Eliza... Liam is the exact same way!!! AND he has his 6 month appt today!

Our crazy adventures... with 4 great kids...