Saturday, June 07, 2008

Road Trippin'

We're officially on the road to spend a little time in Indiana. Somewhere a big semi-truck has almost all our our worldly possessions on it. That's a little scary to watch a complete stranger drive off with everything you own, but trust that they'll do their job in getting it to where it needs to go safely. I felt sad to leave our home of 4 years, I didn't think I'd care to leave a house. I felt a bit silly crying as I looked around at our home of 4 years. It was our first home we ever owned and we put a lot of love into making that our own, with help from family and others we don't know in getting it to where it is now. A lot of stuff happend there, Two of our children were brought home from the hospital in that house, we had a lot of firsts too. First climbs of stairs, first steps, first lost teeth. Lots of gatherings with friends, late night scrapbook nights, birthday parties, first days of school. Walking around my house for probably the last time I had all these thoughts going around in my head of all the stuff that happend there. I will miss Virginia, my home and all of my friends. We have hopes of an offer possibly coming next week, if not we'll rent our house and then of course I'm sure I'll see it again, if we sell it when we ever go back it will be someone else's house. So that's the update... I'll post pictures later... maybe I'll try and post some at my parents house. Until then we're living out of the suitcases.

3 comments:

heidigoseek said...

Miss you :) Women's conference was tons of fun. I hope your trip is going well. Let me know how you are. I have your jar I forgot to bring to lunch the other day. I'll send it to you. Thanks again for my gift!

Janice said...

Deborah - we miss ya, but you better keep in touch! I probably would have done the same thing if it were my house! Safe travels!

The Barton Family said...

Good luck on your move, hope all goes well. Let us know when you get there....

Our crazy adventures... with 4 great kids...