Monday, April 21, 2008

harrassed by a 6 year old. who wasn't mine!

A few weeks ago while Maddie was in her creative dance class Jonas,Eliza, Wyatt and I were at the park next to the building she was at. It was a gorgeous day, and I thought the kids would enjoy playing outside for awhile. (they did) Jonas has taken to wearing this black pirate hat and pretending his light saber is a gun, like one used in the revolutionary war. He'll sit there and pretend to pack the gun powder down and then shoot, and then reload it and pack it down again. He's taken his light saber to the park without incident several times, so I wasn't thinking anything of it when he asked to bring it, I said sure. We were there only a short time when Jonas makes a friend with a boy who's a few years older. He lets the boy play with his light saber, and they play happily. Then a boy who's the same age as Jonas wants to play with him, but Jonas doesn't want to play with him. So the little boy came over and says to me:"Your son isn't sharing his light saber with me." I told him I was sorry, but he had to ask Jonas if he could play with it and that I wasn't going to force Jonas to share it. (I don't even know this kid!) Well he apparently asks, and Jonas says no. The little boy talks to me again, and again I tell him sorry if he doesn't want you to play with it, I'm not going to force him to give it to you. Then he mopes around for awhile, and here's the kicker, he sits down next to me on the bench (I'm breastfeeding Wyatt under the hooter hider thing I have) and sits there with this pouty look on his face. He says, your son is hurting my feelings! When he did that my first thought was WHY ME!? I came to the park to get a little break from the kids, and here's this little boy I did not know and he's HARRASSING ME! I tried to keep my cool, asked him questions to maybe make him forget about it, but no it didn't work. He eventually was called by his mother, otherwise I might have gone over to her myself to tell her to get her pitbull son off my back and buy her son his own light saber next time... geesh!

1 comment:

Gina said...

That is a really funny story! What an oddball kiddo!

"hooter hider" made me laugh... I always wanted one of those!

Our crazy adventures... with 4 great kids...