Saturday, February 03, 2007

Getting ready for the Superbowl....


Okay, if you don't know this about us I will let you in on something. We're HUGE Indianpolis Colts fans. I used to watch before Josh and I were married, but back then they weren't so good. We kind of made it our tradition after we got married to watch football together. I love football, and know few women my age that love it as much as I do. So for 8 years now, we have watched Peyton Manning (the quarterback for the Colts in case you didn't know) through all the good times and the bad. We know all of those disappointed looks he has, and trust me he has them, and we don't like it when he shows those. But, we have over the years hoped that someday that they would go to the Superbowl, and now they are there. We have some Colts flags on the windows of our car, and I have received lots of comments about being a Colt fan. Most aren't supportive, but it's funny to me. The funniest one by far was going through the McDonald's drive through and the Lady at the window said, "Have a nice day, even though you are a COLTS fan." She was a Saints fan, but too bad they got beat. Then going through the gate on base, the guy at security was giving me grief, but this time I said, well the Colts are going to win. I've even had dreams of being surrounded by Bears fans and shouting that the Colts are going to win and then they will see who's the better team. It's funny I'm becoming almost obsessed with this game! Tomorrow the Colts play in the Superbowl, we will all get decked out in our Colts stuff as we do every Sunday the Colts play (our tradition, you have to wear your Colts shirt when they play or it's bad luck), and win or lose (we hope they win of course!) they are still our team, and we will still be their biggest fans. (although we do think the BEARS Stink!)
GO COLTS!!!!

1 comment:

Your favorite sister said...

You guys scare me. Seriously.

Our crazy adventures... with 4 great kids...