Saturday, January 06, 2007

Being 29....





Yesterday was my 29th Birthday. It's amazing to think that I'm 29. Growing up I used to think that once you were 29 you could never again share your age, and now I really don't care who knows how old I am. I think if I live to be 100 I will be proud to share how old I am, hopefully by then I will have become a little wiser than I am now. As I reflect on my 29 years, there are those early years of my life I don't recall, and then some I wish I could forget, but realize how much I've grown, and believe it or not matured (although I still have a ways to go). I still feel like I'm 21, but then again, I can't really relate to what 21 year olds I know are going through, or at least most of them. To celebrate I had friends over for Pizza and girlie movies, it was fun! And I needed it because I got some bad news yesterday. We are going to have to move the dates of my trip back to visit Josh. We're still working out the details, and I'm crossing my fingers that the trip is still on. I can't really say why they had to change things, but apparently stuff going on in the Middle East area caused them to not go to port as they planned. Josh couldn't tell me this, but told me enough that I figured that much out. Either way he will be home at the end of this month, and on a positive note he is now the 2nd Alternate on the list for the Olmstead program, and they are going to interview him, sometime around the beginning of February or end of January. YEAH! Today the kids and I went to the park, because it was 73 degrees here! It's crazy how warm it is, and in other areas in the country they are getting a ton of snow! I got some cute pictures!

1 comment:

Gina said...

VERY cute photos!!!

Yeah, it's like 17 degrees here... NOT FAIR!

Our crazy adventures... with 4 great kids...