Saturday, May 06, 2006

Birthday party anyone else going to one? Not me... uh yeah right!

Okay, it must be the time of year for Birthday parties! We went to one last weekend for two brothers who turned 6 and 3, and it was a lot of fun.
Then today Jonas went to his friend Ethan's party, and Maddie had her friend Gabbie's party. So, Josh and I divided and conquered. He took Jonas to his, and Maddie, Eliza and I went to Gabbie's party. Next weekend we get a break, but the week after we are going to be celebrating Maddie's birthday. Yes it will be 9 days early, but because her birthday falls on Memorial day, I didn't want her to not have a party just because of a holiday she doesn't understand. We are having a Dora the explorer birthday party,and decided to have it at a nearby park. I made the invitations to look like the Backpack, and I have been told by the parents of the kids how much their child liked the invitation, so that made me glad. Maddie knew exactly what it was when I made it, so I knew that everyone else would know too. (that was key!)
We're going to have lunch, and play games, and have cake, and that will be the two hour party. Let's pray for sunshine as I have no idea what we'll do for a backup plan! There have been so many times I've actually meant to write on this blog and never do, but I think I've become addicted to reading other people's blogs, so I feel like mine is pretty boring compared to some. I have been reading Ali Edwards blog, and she suggested some books that I have been checking out. I finished the book "The time travelers wife" and I think I'm going to buy the book "52 projects" as I was looking at several different ones she suggested when I was last at Barnes and Noble. Anyway, here's a link to her site and you can go to her blog from there, if you're interested. She has some neat stuff on there. http://www.cafepress.com/aliedwards
OH and here's a pic of the invite I made! And my friend Jenn helped me with the sewing... yes I still don't have a sewing machine, but I think right now I'd just use it to sew on my craft projects! Jenn keeps threatening to have me sew my kids Halloween costumes! Yeah right! lol!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Very cute indeed!

Our crazy adventures... with 4 great kids...