Tuesday, April 11, 2006

just a normal day...

Not much happend today... went and got my hair cut. My friend Marie watched Jonas and Maddie, and I took Eliza with me. She was asleep then half way through my cut she woke up! I ended up holding her and she was okay then, but she fussed a little bit. She doesn't like being in her car seat. I think we're going to have to put her in one where she can sit up but still be turned facing the seat, she likes be be sitting up a lot more now. She has been eating cereal for the past month and doing well. She also has eaten some vegetables and fruits with no problems. She makes a huge mess when she is spoon fed, and sometimes I cheat and give it to her in the nurser bottle I bought designed for baby food. (Since our pediatrician wanted her to eat cereal since she's still so small, and she wasn't quite ready to eat from a spoon yet, she just started getting better this past week!) She eats cereal in the morning and at night, but tonight after she nursed she didn't want it. She actually fell asleep without nursing for the first time in awhile. Usually that's the only way she'll go, but tonight I had her head on my shoulder, and she sucked on her fingers for a few minutes (a new thing she started a few days ago, she no longer will take a pacifier!) and went to sleep. She's still asleep and it's 11:41p.m. and she was in bed by 8:30p.m. I'm not complaining. She's getting so much better at sleeping. I know it's me and not her, I know how to put a baby to sleep now, better than I did with Jonas and Maddie. I'm still learning, because Eliza has her own personality, but for the most part I can get her to sleep much better than I ever did with my other two! I'm so glad the weather is getting warm and spring seems to be here finally. I'm so tired of being cooped up in the house! I also feel like because we've been stuck in the house, we've been watching way too much t.v. so I turned off the t.v. and we didn't watch it at all this afternoon, and then they watched part of a movie, before Jonas turned it off and put cartoons on, and then it was bathtime and bedtime. I wasn't Jonas's favorite person, but we managed to stay busy fingerpainting, we played with playdoh, and played the V-Smile games, and then we all layed down and took a nap, well Maddie, Eliza and I did, but Jonas played with his trains while we took a nap. It was a nice 20 minute power nap for me!

No comments:

Our crazy adventures... with 4 great kids...